Friday, May 30, 2014

Q2 - Echino bag finished


First up is Broken Herringbone cushion. It would be sad if I didn't finish that one. Thank you for all the lovely comments regarding my quilting. It is huge encouragement for my future FMQ adventures.


I started this cushion last year as Christmas decoration. I used jelly roll strips from Cherry Christmas line to go with our advent calendar. You can find free Lone star pattern here. That is my project for Ho Ho Ho And on We Sew. Linky party for May is here.



As May is almost over I felt the need to complete my goal for ALYoF. Especially when I had my minute in spotlight as May Participant Feature.

Tada! Very simple messenger type of bag. I haven't used any particular pattern as this it very easy. The main feature is beautiful fabric - Echino. My only requirement was to have that elephant right on front.



See it's only two rectangles with added pockets. Recessed zipper might scare some away but it is easy to do as well.


I found this pretty open end zipper in my stash and wanted to use it as it matches nicely. I never used open end zipper for bags but I found it is quite convenient. You can open it up and leave it on a side for easy access kind of tote.


I choose this goal based on my Q2 FAL list. Smart idea I copied from my bloggy friends. My current score is 3/6.

Finish Along 2014


The back is really simple but matches perfectly. I leave you with detail of quilted bottom and our freshly cut grass :-)


Linking up with TGIFF and Crazy Mom quiltsShow Off Saturday.

20 comments:

  1. Thats a lovely quilted bottom. The bag looks great, Vera. The pebble quilting on the broken herringbone pillow is really effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE how your cushion came out!!! Those quilted pebbles really give it great dimension! The bags are so cute too :-) Love the brightly colored one!!

    ~ Jess ~
    Everything Is Coming Up Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how your cushion turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cushion finish - the detail of the FMQ in the white panel offsetting the prints with circles is fabulous. Also, that elephant is gorgeous, of course he must be front and center! You have been on quilt the productive streak this week! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects! That cushion and the bag are both lovely. Great fabric too! I love that way of putting in a zipper but have never tried it. I may have to give it a go soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cushion looks great and I love your bag. It shows off that gorgeous fabric perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pillows, but that Echino bag - PERFECTION! Love the print, and the lining fabric is the perfect addition. That recessed zipper does scare me - I really need to learn how to do that - it makes tote bags look so professional and finished! The quilted bottom is a nice touch - it too makes the bag look really professional!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vera, as usual, its all wonderful! I Love your bag you made, really lovely.
    Thanks once again for the pouch, I just love it !!!
    Janeen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elephants, zebras and hot pink! I am in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love a bag with a beautiful quilted bottom :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopping over from Show Off Saturday Linky Party, Great post.. I love it.. Hop over to my blog I have a giveaway.. I love love this Bag !!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your broken herringbone cushion turned out beautifully!!! You should be really pleased. The bag looks great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the cushions and your bags but that star quilt, takes my breath away. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow what fab projects - thanks for sharing at the Ho Ho Ho and on We Sew Link Party that we are guest hosting this month! Love the cushion - the colour and texture combinations look amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful job! Your quilting is stunning and the bag is going to get so many compliments when you are out and about!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your lone star! And your pebble quilting looks really great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wonderful bag and love the elephant. I also love the giraffe next to the zip

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous2/6/14 13:07

    That bag is awesome! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a fantastic bag. Thankyou for showing us all of the details.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A lovely bag, Vera. It's a good idea to have a zip just below the top. I would like to be able to do that too. Beautiful fabric with the elephant. Nice cushions too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the spice of blogging. I love them all. Thanks for stopping by.